What is the Check-out Policy?
If you’ve reached the end of your stay and it’s time to return home, we hope you’ve had a phenomenal Hatteras Island vacation. We’re here for you from the minute you arrive to the moment you pack up and head out. To help make your check-out process as seamless as possible, we put together a list of our check-out procedures.
Please be sure to follow all check-out procedures:
- Close and lock all doors, windows, and sliders.
- Empty the dishwasher and remove all trash from the home.
- Remove all food from the refrigerator and freezer and wipe out any spills.
- Please clean the outside grill and replace the cover if provided.
- Check bedroom closets and drawers, and bathroom cabinets for personal items. Fold and return any blankets used to the closets.
- It is not necessary to make the beds before you return them to the black tote they were delivered in and place them outside of the home. Otherwise, simply leave the sheets on the beds, and leave bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths in the bathroom. You do not have to wash the linens before departure.
- Please be sure to clean up the pool area before your departure, and make sure you remember to take all of your pool and beach toys with you.
- Remove personal items from outside shower(s) and remove trash from decks and outdoor areas.
- Clean up and dispose of any dog waste.
Remember to report any damages that occurred during your stay to the office so the appropriate claims can be completed.
On behalf of everyone here at Surf or Sound Realty, we hope you had a great Hatteras Island vacation and we wish you safe travels home!